Old April 11th 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Jeep and BMW

The BMW motor won't work well in your Jeep, ESPECIALLY if you are into
offroading. The BMW motor makes its power and and torque well above idle,
but the Jeep really needs its power to come on just off of idle. There isn't
enough torque in the BMW motor to make offroading very rewarding. Now, if
you wanted a Jeep that could do 130 mph, and kicked the power on at 3000+
RPM, then the BMW motor is just the thing.

I suggest you look at a V8 instead of a 6 anyway. The 8 and the 4 are the
same length, the 6 is much longer. This means that stuff has to move fore or
aft with the 6 that might remain where it is with the 4 to 8 conversion.
And, the 8 makes torque at idle, if you get the right one.