Old August 4th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

Default Speed limit change

"Ed Pirrero" > wrote
> Harry K wrote:
>> >From the Colfax, WA Gazette August 3, 2006

>> Colfax City Administraror ... noted the North Palouse River Road
>> included in the recent land annex is now posted at 25 mph, the regular
>> in-town limit for arterial streets. The former county road was posted
>> at 50 mph.

> LOL. One of these days, some connected, big WSU donor is gonna get
> popped by one of Colfax's Subaru-driving LEOs for 28 on the main drag,
> and he's gonna get the bypass built. One can only hope. The Pullman
> cutoff is a dream of mine - I have PURPOSELY never bought anything in
> Colfax. And never will.

Colfax made great strides a few years ago when they bought another
traffic light controller: now all three sets of lights don't turn red at
the same time!

Ever come in from Palouse and seen all the equipment that they have
to turn the lights red in case of a runaway coming down the (steep)
hill into town? The cops get notified and give you a ticket if you
trip it (>25). Of course the runoff goes across highway 26 and into
the Palouse R. aqueduct, so it's not much good for the runaway...

Personally, I usually go around by the airport and hospital.

FloydR