Old July 10th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Captain Coleman

Default Caster bolt source

I have a 97 2wd explorer that has a two piece upper control arm on the right
hand side. I need a replacement caster set bolt but cannot obtain one from
the ford dealer. Ford has changed the replacement part design to a one
piece control arm and no longer stocks or manufacturers said bolt or the two
piece arm. Does anyone know of a source for such a thing? If not, it looks
like I'll have to go visit the salvage yards as my only option is to replace
the entire upper control arm for about $400.
Thanks.