Old January 4th 05, 04:45 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:57:01 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
> >> "I don't know, Lieutenant - but YOU do. You have access to your
> >> dispatch records, so you'll know if the officer in question was on a
> >> call or not at the time I observed him. Go look at your dispatch logs
> >> and take it from there."

> >When I gave him the date, time and location I did mention that he could
> >check to see if the officer actually was on call. He seemed polite and
> >respectful, and I hope he does do something about the situation.

> And that is pretty much the limit of what you can accomplish directly.
> Unless you can document a pattern of such abuses, in which case the
> local news media will become interested in your research.
>
> I commend you for taking the time and effort to report this incident.
> Most people wouldn't bother.

Thanks. I figure I've not bothered enough time that this one was too much
and too easy. The cop was sitting right there in front of me at the next
light so I had a clear view of his plate number. If people don't report this
sort of thing cops will think they can do wahtever they want with no
repercussions for their reckless behavior. They are there to serve the
public and keep the roads and towns safe. Sometimes they seem to forget
that, and who pays their salary.

Cory