Old January 4th 05, 03:57 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:48:31 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
> >I went in to the police station today. Seemed to stir up some commotion

when
> >I talked to the woman behind the glass. She told me to wait and the
> >Leutenant would come talk to me shortly. Then a cop walked out adn asked

if
> >I was being helped, I said yes, I was waiting for the Leutenant who was
> >going to speak to me. The cop asked waht it was about so I politely told

him
> >what I saw. He got very defensive and asked how I knew he didn't go out

on a
> >call and it was cancelled. I explained that the cop waited at the next

red
> >light, and that no matter which way you slice it running a red light and
> >doing twice the speed limit in a residential zone is reckless. He didn't
> >like that and told me no it was not reckless or unsafe, then walked away.
> >
> >A minute or two Later the Leutenant came out adn brought me to his

office. I
> >explained what I saw and gave him the license plate number, time, and
> >location. He seemed understanding, but again asked how I knew he wasn't

on a
> >call that was cancelled.

> "I don't know, Lieutenant - but YOU do. You have access to your
> dispatch records, so you'll know if the officer in question was on a
> call or not at the time I observed him. Go look at your dispatch logs
> and take it from there."

When I gave him the date, time and location I did mention that he could
check to see if the officer actually was on call. He seemed polite and
respectful, and I hope he does do something about the situation. Even if the
officer was on call, he was still behaving dangerously and recklessly. As
far as I'm concerned, it's a moot point as to whether the officer was on
call. If he wasn't, he should not have been running red lights and doing
twice the limit in a residential zone with familys out and about. If he was,
he should have at least had his lights on, and probably should have used his
siren when running the red light.

Cory