Old November 12th 04, 10:37 AM
Bill Putney

Abeness wrote:

> Matt Whiting wrote:
>
>> I wasn't at all comparing helmet laws to homosexual marriage. I was
>> just pointing how how the homosexual crowd is so quick to brand anyone
>> who disagrees with their lifestyle as being hateful. That is simply
>> rubbish and anyone with half a brain knows that. Hate and disagree
>> are worlds apart. I strongly oppose homosexual marriage legalization,
>> but I don't hate homosexuals.

> The question is, why does anyone in this country have the right to
> "disagree" with, and then legislate against, someone's lifestyle when it
> doesn't damage their property or personal liberties? Live and let live.

The lifestyle is not the issue - it's the legal sanction of it that is
distasteful. No problem with live and let live. You're basically
pulling as shell game here in your logic - but you knew that.

> It's fine if you don't want to live like someone else does, you have
> freedom of choice, but why do you feel it necessary to prevent them from
> doing so?

No problem there. But in the very next paragraph you are saying you
want government to sanction their "marriage". Trying to slip one in on
us? (pun intended)

> Seems fairly simple to me. But then I have gay friends who are perfectly
> nice, kind, caring citizens out to make the world a better place just
> like other folks I respect, and I cannot imagine telling them that they
> can't get married if they so choose. Think of some aspect of your
> lifestyle that you take seriously. How'd you like it if the majority of
> citizens in your state decided they didn't like your lifestyle and
> passed a law against it?

But I'm not asking them to pass new laws to promote, endorse, and
encourage my hypothetical unapproved lifestyle. That's effectively what
you're asking for in demanding legal recognition of gay "marriage" (an
oxymoron).

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')