Old January 25th 05, 09:11 AM
Brent P

In article >, jaybird wrote:

> That's not entirely true. Your state has to issue you a valid driver's
> license to operate a vehicle on our (the citizen's) roadways. There are
> violations outlined in your state's laws where those privileges can be
> suspended, cancelled, or revoked. It is true that we all have the right to
> travel freely throughout the country, but driving a vehicle on public
> roadways has restrictions outlined in the states' traffic codes.

Travel freely? There is no such right anymore. Use public transportation,
you may be subject to search. Don't like it, don't use it. You travel by
air, same thing. Travel by rail, again, same deal. Travel by bicycle?
codified that a bicyclist can be stoped by an officer at any time. Walk?
well that court case was lost too, cops can demand papers. So what is
this right to travel freely jaybird? Because as I look around, each mode
of transportation has fallen. We have to give up our other rights to
travel from place to place.

You can sit there and parrot the party line of your masters and tell us
the slippery slope isn't there, but each time we look around we are
further down the slope.