Old July 9th 06, 11:38 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Michael[_1_]

Default Component Speakers in door/dash

Component speakers are different than your typical full range speakers
in that they are separated into two speakers (tweeter and woofer) each
getting specific frequencies from the crossover. The deck speaker
wires go to the crossover first. Here's a diagram that shows a
typical wiring for component configuration:

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/...r-XO-spkrs.jpg

The black rectangle represents the crossover.

Whereas your typical two or three way full range speakers have the
tweeter as part of the woofer speaker. In this case, the wires from
the deck go straight to the speaker.

Michael