Old June 6th 05, 12:53 AM
Tom Levigne

There were some alloy wheels that were standard equipment on Europe spec VW
models a few years ago that were fine in Germany but broke up here in the
US. These were actually made by another well known wheel maker for VW and
were OK for German roads but we have a lot more potholes and gravel roads
which caused the wheels to break. They don't sell these on VW's here
anymore. BL is that some alloy wheels are not as strong as steel wheels so
you have to be careful.

TL