Old May 24th 05, 07:47 PM
Mike Romain

Very likely. That system has a constant suction and is really finely
tuned with the intake from the air filter. If the small plastic tube
blocks up, which happens pretty often from what I have seen or breaks or
leaks, then the engine's normal blow-by will go back into the air filter
even, let alone just to the grommet.

The grommets also get hard and then leak. I have used RTV on a few to
seal them to the cover. They have to be really clean first, then RTV
will hold great.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's