Old January 3rd 05, 07:59 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, KWS wrote:

> > Could be an out-of-balance wheel. Could be a worn-out inner CV joint.

> The wheel would stay out of balance when the speed is constant.

Theoretically, yes. Practically, most of the time, yes. Occasionally...no!

> Another poster also mentioned the CV joint. Would it also tend to
> clatter on sharp turns?

Usually it's the *outer* CV joints that make snapping/popping/clattering
noises on sharp turns. Sounds like one or more of your four CV joints is
badly worn.

> Absolutely correct. The code was "21". My mistake.

Wondered if it might've been 21.

> > > Injector problems: again...it only happens under acceleration.

> > So?

> It is also periodic, i.e. not erratic.

Lean surge is periodic.

> > Step one: Catch up on all the periodic maintenance you've let slide.
> > That means new plug wires, service the entire PCV system, clean the
> > throttle body and AIS, new fuel filter (which all by itself could very
> > easily cause your surge)

> While the fuel filter probably needs a change, would it not cause an erratic
> response?

Lean surge is periodic.

DS