Old October 1st 04, 08:31 AM
Paris

"Grahame" > wrote in message >...
> Hi All,
>
> Just took delivery of a new Alfa GT (Stromboli Grey, Black Alfatex, 17"
> spoked Alloys) - beautiful car, very pleased with it.
>
> One odd thing though, when the climate control system is on, there is an
> audible "ticking" noise (sounds like an old grandfather clock) coming from
> behind the dashboard.
>
> Is this normal? If not, any idea what could be causing it? I'd like to have
> some idea before I go back to the garage and confront them with it!
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Grahame.

Hi all,
my 147 1.6 TS 120BHP does the same from the very beginning.
Initially I thought it was a bomb or something but after 14 months it
has not yet exploded!
I finally ended up to believe that it happens on dual zone climate
control versions. Possibly there are 2 temperature sensors (each for
every zone) and one relay which alternates every second between the 2
sensors (Only one analog channel on the ECU). That is a logical
explanation I think.

Best regards
Paris
Greece