Old August 18th 04, 02:16 PM
Martin Smarda

"Gareth Tuckwell" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> They used to have a bad reputation for falling apart and rusting, but I
> believe that image has now been shed.

Yes, rust won´t be an issue anymore, AFAIK.

> My personal view is that they are great. I have the 2002 156 JTS with the
> new interior and I love it. I had teething trouble with a knock sensor,
> otherwise, 19k miles of fun so far!

I also like the cars for their looks and their suspension.
In my surroundings there are quite contrary experiences about the 156.

One friend has the second V6, both without any troubles except fuel consumption
.

Another one has the 1.6 with quite a few things (phaser, suspension, exhaust
just
to mention a few). But this was an "early" car.

Friends from Germany drive Alfas for 30 years and do a lot of mileage per year,
no serious problems so far. They had 1.6, 2.0 JTS and now drive a GT JTS without
problems.
Only recent Alfa with loads of problems was a GTV 2.0TS.

If buying a newer car, nothing _should_ happen.

Go on, join the club

cheers, Martin