Old November 20th 04, 04:28 PM
tim horvath

Default Weber linkage help

I am helping to salvage a junkyard find -- 1972 Bay bus with a type 4
engine. Previous owner has installed a single, center mounted, Weber 2bbl
mainfold and carb. Carb is oriented with linkage on drivers side of
vehicle. Stock accelerator cable passes through engine tin approx 10" to
drivers side of vehicle centerline. Existing carb linkage rotates clockwise
and actuator must be pulled straight down. ( Linkage arm can be rotated 180
deg to move straight UP.)

Accelerator does not work since it pulls parallel to the floor of the bus --
90 deg from linkage required motion.

Now the questions:

1) Is the carb oriented properly or does it need to rotate 180 deg ?
2) CIP lists part #C13-43-0602 - UNIVERSAL LINKAGE KIT FOR ALL WEBER 2BBL
PROGRESSIVE CARBURETORS. Will this solve my problem?
3) Has anyone used this setup before? What do I need to make it work?

Thanks,
--
Chris Corfias

71 SB convert