Old September 5th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Pete from Boston

Default Plastic vs. aluminum radiator

I need a new radiator in my 90 Accord (155K) -- ridiculous leak and I'd
just rather put something new in than mess around with
patching/welding. I've been reading through a lot of radiator
replacement discussions in here and given the amount of time I've
already spent looking at and playing with it, I'm willing to give doing
it myself a shot.

That said, I'm wondering about the pros/cons of plastic and aluminum
tanks. Having had leaks on two plastic-tanked radiators, I'd rather go
with aluminum if that's going to tend to develop leaks less. Someone
mentioned aluminum being heavier -- is this going to make any
substantial difference other than ease of installation?

The prices on the ones I'm seeing listed on line are all reasonable,
but I don't see a lot of detailed info on one vs. another (which is
info much more in abundance on this group, thankfully).

Any opinions/recommendations?