Old May 2nd 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL - StarForce Issues?

"Larry" > wrote in news:lMs5g.38755$_z2.7508@dukeread02:

> I honestly think Starforce is on it's last leg. Even the
> manufacturers are bitching about it
>
> This has GOT to be increasing their support calls in a major way.
>
> -Larry

Does this sound like a Starforce issue? :

I have had GTR on since it's USA release and it's fully patched. I also
have a DVD recorder that uses Nero Software. Nero worked fine in the past.
But after not using it for some time, I have recently tried to back up all
my rFactor tracks and run into some complications. If I use the Nero
StartSmart icon, my system goes into some sort of shutdown, IMMEADIATELY.
The system leds are still lit but the screen goes black and in a very short
time the monitor shuts down. No set of key presses that I have tried can
break this odd lockup.
I have to hit the Reset or Power Off button on the box to reboot and
reload windows(SP Pro SP2) If I choose the start menu for the Nero
SmartStart program(kinda like a Nero menu system for all the various Nero
utilities) that too will STOP My system cold. And another reboot.
However, if I choose an individual Nero program like Nero Express, THEN
and ONLY THEN can I run the program and burn a data disc.

Starforce? or just a klutzed up system?

dave henrie