Old October 10th 04, 05:09 AM
BeeP

Did you examine the striker plate in the door jam? Is it loose or out
of alignment? Is the fit of the door when closed OK - top and sides
parallel with opening, etc? There is also a bumper at the top of the
door opening which I think is adjustable. Also check to make sure one
or more of the wheels has not come off. There is a wheel at each
contact point (3). Another possibility is that the linkage from the
handle to the lock maybe be loose or unfastened.
Good luck.
Bob
85 Voyager
86 Caravan

"Ken Pisichko" > wrote in message
> In an effort to improve the functioning of the lock/release

mechanism I
> lubed it and tried to get it to function. No way...
>
> I then tried replacing various parts with ones from wrecked

vehicles.
> While the wrecked vehicle sliding doors locked/unlocked reliably and
> opened fine, the parts in my van do not help with the sliding door's
> functioning.
>
> The door and frame are fine. I checked the specs. I don't see any
> "algorithm" for adjusting the door in the FSM.
>
> Aside from welding the door shut are there any suggestions to make

the
> door lock and unlock - and open reliably?
>
> One of the MOPAR techs told me the earlier models were "troublesome"
> with that sliding door mechanism.
>
> Ken

---