Old July 20th 05, 08:21 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article .com>,
wrote:

> I had a 1999 Nissan Maxima before this vehicle, and yes it still saves
> fuel at 80 mph, it averages about 32 mpg at this speed. I am bitter
> because this car has been in the shop for about a third of the time I
> have owned it, and now they refuse to do anything about the humming
> noise. Fresh off the lot the engine light would come on if you punched
> the gas and accelerated to interstate speeds. They took a while to
> figure out the problem, and then loaded a software update to the
> computer that fixed the issue. They did make one attempt to fix this
> humming noise, they actually replaced the transmission. However, when
> that repair didn't fix the problem they decided they weren't obligated
> to repair it due to the speed limit.

I've had my 2005 HAH in the shop three times about the check engine
light coming on at full throttle. They retrained the high speed
crankshaft position sensor but it still happens. Car gets only 32 MPG
on highway driving (~60 MPH) and 19 MPG in mixed freeway/city driving.
It stumbles at idle too but it generates no computer error codes so it
must be working perfectly.

The 2005 HAH is a dud.