Old January 24th 05, 12:51 AM
finiteguy

Default 2005 Escape Limited Strong Fuel Odor When Starting

Hi All: I recently complained about poor fuel economy with my wife's
05 Escape. I am making an appointment with the dealershipe to check
this car out for poor fuel economy. I also noticed that when I start
this car up, I get a very strong odor of gasoline. Is that normal?
I will report that to the service manager, but I assume that they will
say it is normal. I have never owned a Ford with this problem. In fact
my 98 Grand MArquis gets better fuel economy than the Escape.