Old November 5th 04, 01:47 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, linda wrote:

> Bill Putney wrote:

> > a few posts back it looked like you were coming on to Daniel Stern.

> i do not know Daniel Stern.. i am in a happy contented relationship that
> is very rewarding. p.s. Daniel, if i were trying to come on to you,
> believeme, you and everyone here would know it...:-)

*ROFL*

Oh, man. this is too, too funny on so many different levels that I'm not
even sure where to begin. It's Usenet Kabuki Theatre at its finest. Linda
has just learnt about airbag propellants and usenet, combines the two and
makes her first posts. Daniel responds to Linda with info. Bill uses the
old DHMO gag on Linda, who swallows it. Linda's never heard of Daniel
before, but picks up on Daniel's mention of headlamps and -- having just
learnt about Usenet -- offers her assistance with headlamp research.
Daniel politely declines Linda's offer, but Bill sees it as Linda coming
on to Daniel. Daniel doesn't see it as a come-on, because Daniel's a
member of the Homosexual Menace To Society who, in his committed
relationship with his other half of more than four years, works busily on
a daily basis to tear up the social fabric in accordance with Bill's
politics. Meanwhile, back on Usenet, Linda's amused and a little
embarrassed by Bill's perception, and takes great (but, as it turns out,
unnecessary) pains to assure Daniel she wasn't coming on to him. Daniel
chortles and wonders why everything's always about sex with heterosexuals
like Bill.

This episode of Usenet Kabuki was brought to you by your Plymouth-DeSoto
dealer, the number "3" and the letter "Q". Tune in next week for another
exciting episode!

-DS