Old July 14th 05, 05:44 PM
TeGGeR®

Peabody > wrote in
news:WFjBe.30055$4o.25003@fed1read06:

> Well, I first inspected mine at about 32,000 miles when the
> dealership "inspected" mine and told me they needed to be
> replaced. They did this with a straight face. I took the
> wheels off and looked,

Did you look at both inside *and* outside pads, on both sides?

> I'll check them again in a few
> years, but you know, that's what those little warning tabs
> are for.

Those warning tabs are only on the inside pad. If the inside pad seizes,
extra load will be forced on the outer pad, and it will wear twice as fast.
You won't know until you get the grinding noise that tells you your rotors
are already damaged.

If you leave your brakes a "few years", you'd better hope you live in an
area that gets no snow.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ