Old July 27th 04, 08:35 PM
SteveH

dom > wrote:

> (SteveH) wrote:
> >Paul Woodsford > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm fitting an electronic reversing aid that needs to be connected to the
> >> reversing lamp electrical feed.
> >> Alfa 147 1.6TS UK spec.

> >Not wanting to be seen to be taking the **** or anything, but why the
> >hell would anyone need a reversing aid on a 147? - on a 166 I could
> >understand it, maybe even on a 156, but it doesn't make sense to me on a
> >small hatch.
> >--

> My last car was a small hatch, Fiat Cinquecento.

Heh. Another ex-Cinq Alfa owner :-)

> That didn't need
> a reversing aid.
> The 147... more a medium size hatch, surely?

Suppose it is, really, but it's got a very 'flat' rear - I only ever
struggle with parking when I've got a fsck off big boot stuck out the
back - but even then, I haven't hit anything yet, and I can squeeze the
75 into impossibly small spaces.

To be honest, the only time I really needed reversing sensors was
parallel parking a Transit.

> Perhaps my x-ray vision
> isn't what it should be... but it does need a reversing aid.
>
> If mine didn't already have one, I think it would have done very soon.

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL