Old August 13th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
wavy

Default Locked into second gear

Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago!
STUPID LINKAGE!
Problem was the "front-back" attachment point. The plastic cap that
kept
the shifting rod/cable fitting in place snapped off. (WHIMPY piece of
Engineering!!!)
I used a large folder clip (essential huge paperclip) to hold the thing
in place.
No problems since then!!!
-WaV