Old June 5th 05, 12:25 AM
larry moe 'n curly

rajp wrote:
> I found anti-freeze/coolant dripping from my upper
> radiator hose, When I squeeze it it drips from where
> the hose meets the upper rad. I guess I should change
> the hose and the clamps. My question is, does one still
> add gasket cement to the inside on the hose?

I have a Ford 1.9L where one cast metal heater hose connection always
leaked a bit unless I applied rubber cement to it first. That was when
I used a flat stainless steel screw clamp; a round steel wire screw
clamp sealed a lot better and eliminated the need for cement. Maybe a
spring clamp would work just as well, but I couldn't install one
because of tight access.