Old March 4th 05, 12:12 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article <1109885319.674767@sj-nntpcache-5>, josh >
wrote:

> How does the T1-S (195/55-14) compare with the Yoko ES100 (195/60-14) for
> Miata? Particularly are the Yoko's stiffer in the sidewall? Treadwear
> differences? I'm confident either tire will perform well both wet and dry
> pavement.

The Toyo is in a different class when it comes to grip, both wet and
dry. It does have a softer turn in, but also a significantly softer
ride. The turn-in issue goes away after about 30 minutes--most folks
simply adjust to it and move on. The Yoko will last a bit longer.

I think Leon has used both, but perhaps not in 14". I found very little
difference between 14" and 15" Toyos.

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C