Old March 3rd 05, 11:02 PM
Randy Maheux

I've had 16" ES 100s for about 6 weeks. With all the rain we've had here in
SOCal, I've found they are better in the wet than the factory Bridgestones
and at least as good a wet tire as the Dunlops I had on my previous Miata.
Also, they run a little quieter. I have not had a chance to push them to
their limits on dry pavement, so I can't help you there, but all in all, I
am pleased.

"josh" > wrote in message
> Hi all-
>
> How does the T1-S (195/55-14) compare with the Yoko ES100 (195/60-14) for
> Miata? Particularly are the Yoko's stiffer in the sidewall? Treadwear
> differences? I'm confident either tire will perform well both wet and dry
> pavement.
>
> I know everyone loves the T1-S... and I'm leaning strongly towards it...
> but the reports of soft sidewall have me wondering if I'm going to regret

it.