Old May 24th 05, 09:59 AM

> i almost crushed a squirrel yesterday, but hitting a deer on a bike
would
> be something...anyone ever?...naw!

On http://www.bikejournal.com user irishbiker posted:
A few years ago I was finishing hill training for a MS150 tour and a
deer came out of the woods and took off across the road as I was going
downhill. I honestly thought I was going fast enough to get by. Wrong!
I crunched it and went flying. Thank goodness for my helmet. I actually
did have proof I hit a deer as my taco'd front wheel had deer hair
embedded between the tire and the rim. I've been kidded constantly
since by friends wanting to know if I've been bike hunting lately. A
friend and my father-in-law actually crafted a letter from the Kansas
Department of Wildlife and Parks telling me that hunting in this manner
was illegal and if I do it again I would be prosecuted to the full
extent of the law!