Old March 10th 05, 06:13 PM
Big Bill

On 9 Mar 2005 19:10:20 -0800, "
> wrote:

>What risks does one take when they get insurance to cover anyone
>driving the vehicle and a 16 year old household member wrecks the car?

What risks? read the insurance policy; it will spell out your risks.
If you're asking what risks you take when you *don't* insure the 16
year old driver, well, they are considerable.
Insurance fraud is taken seriously; so is liability for the parents.
Better to just insure the new driver.

>I know you should add the driver to the policy and pay out the ass but
>are you required to to be covered in case of an accident?

Doesn't your state require this? Do you really think you can just say,
"well, it was my uninsured 16 year old who dod this, so I'm not
responsible"?
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"