Old July 15th 05, 06:44 PM
Artur Jorge Duque

Default Dead computer - can it be rebuilt? - need advice

Hi all,
I've got a pretty much stock 95YJ with around 140,000 miles on it. The
other day, as I was driving, the Jeep turned itself off. It didn't stall
out, just shut down. The battery had juice and I had a half tank of gas.
I tried to re-start but all it would do is crank over and over - nothing
ever caught.

I took it to a repairman and I was told the computer is dead. I'm
presented with the option to have the computer sent out for rebuilding
(its estimated at about $700).

Can the computer be rebuilt? Does this sound legit? I've got to give the
dude an answer soon as to what to do, and would like to hear from more
knowledgable people.

Thanks

-Art