Old July 20th 05, 06:09 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
DYM > wrote:

>Yes, the kids acted in a criminal manner and should be punished for that.
>When the occupants beat and chased the kids they crossed the line and
>commited another crime. When you seek justice outside of the law you are
>a vigilante. That is the very definition of the word.

The difference is that vigilantism isn't a heat-of-the-moment thing,
as this was. In any case, if the law actually provided justice, I'd
be more upset about seeking justice outside it. But nowadays, the law
doesn't give a **** about minor crimes against persons; there ain't no
justice.

>The occupants of the car are (at least as far as the facts reported here)
>guilty of assult.

Not necessarily, if they merely chased them (as the second article said).