Old June 27th 05, 09:47 PM
Mike Iglesias

In article outautos.com>,
pjw > wrote:
>I own a Honda Pilot that has about 20k miles on the odometer and is 1.5
>years old.
>
>The Maintenance Manual calls for the replacement of the VTM-4 rear
>differential fluid "every 15k miles up to 30k miles or every 1 year, then
>every 30k miles or 2 years." So, I guess replacement is due. Have I done
>any harm by waiting so long?
>
>I haven't even looked under the rear of the car iet. What's involved in
>replacing the fluid? What type of special fluid is required(Honda I
>presume)? Any special tools necessary? Any other parts required?
>
>I'd appreciate any tips or advice. THANKS

Check out the Maintenance section of the forums on http://hondapilot.org.
I think someone did a complete write-up on how to do it, what he used,
etc. It's pretty easy if I remember correctly. You do need to use
the Honda fluid though, and make sure the funnels, pumps, etc. you use
are not contaminated with any other fluids. Some people have mentioned
that any non-Honda fluid, even a small amount, caused issues.

Here's the URL for the VTM-4 fluid change. You'll need to go in a
few pages to get to the list of things you need.

http://hondapilot.org/forums/showthr...pagenum ber=1

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926