Old March 7th 05, 11:22 PM
Snow

> We don't use overdrive around town because we have both heard people
> say using it for town (stop and go) driving stresses it and to only use
> it on the freeway and on long trips.

I have always used overdrive around town, In my '88 rustang, my real wagon
('89 Caprice), '92 GMC and 93 JeeP, I have never had a problem, but then
again I haven't read the owners manuals either. What does your manual say??

> Also anyone know will we get better gas milage using overdrive on long
> trips wheere we are on the interstate for hours at a time.

YES!!! that is mainly why its there..

> As an aside note.... any opinions if Fuel additives like HEAT and the
> like as well as using premium grade unleaded fuel help much...?

If you have money to throw away send to me. If your MANUAL (did you read it
yet?) doesn't say to run premium gas then your engine will not benefit from
it.

Snow...