Old March 8th 05, 12:02 AM

>There is no way to know what is or isn't left behind >without a
>borescope, or dropping the pan. You've done that? >yeah right. in
>your DREAMS.

As a licensed aircraft mechanic, and experienced in auto repair and
servicing, I'd say that it's a reasonable assumption that heavy stuff
will stay in the bottom of the pan. I have occasionally flushed a pan
with solvent and found stuff that would never migrate toward any
suction tube. Draining the oil HOT through the pan drain is much more
effective. If it's still hot some of the crud is still in suspension
and will drain instead of settling, and the faster flow will pull out
more heavy stuff.

Dan