Old July 21st 05, 09:03 PM
YouGoFirst

>I go with Jerry. The pump is essentially dead weight until you get
> the thermostat open (Yeah, I know, it circulates in a closed loop,
> etc) and has little effect on closed cycle warmup time unless you're
> in the frozen North with the heater on. Slow warmup is almost a dead
> giveaway for a sticking thermostat.

I would agree with that if I hadn't had it gone through 2 of them getting it
replaced when it first started to overheat. Also, the warm up went really
close to its normal rate, except it didn't quite make it up to 190 until I
slowed down below 40 mph, then it went up above 190. I hope that I haven't
had 2 bad thermostats put in.