Old October 17th 04, 02:52 AM
Mark

Matt,

You may be right. I put the new magnetic dial indicator on the rotors & low
and behold one side was out only .003, the other .006" - I measured both
sides for runout - the side with the .006 is a thickness problem. Either
way - I'm sure that's well within spec. I took my die grinder with a scotch
brite roloc to the outside surfaces to rough them up a bit. Made a series
of hard stops - under hard braking it is smooth & has powerful braking -
easily got the abs working. Its still not quite right on the normal stop.
I may take the wheels off and rough up the inside surfaces as well - but
I'll first drive around a bit with some heavy braking. ( with my last set
of rotors were really warped, a mountain road helped with the warping - the
things were toast) I have to say that having a dial indicator is going to
be pretty useful for these sort of problems in the future.

Mark