Old July 29th 04, 02:02 PM
Scott McKernon

If you are using OE or better quality rotors like Brembo, Ate, Zimmermann
etc.,
wear should not be a concern. If your rotors are worn, replace them.
As Adam wrote, Mintex are also very good pads.
The problem with the OE stuff is that they all produce massive amounts of
black dust.
I recommended Metal Masters because in my experience, they produce the least
amount
of dust.

"Adam Schwartz" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Curtis Newton > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:28:09 -0400, "Scott McKernon"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >The only thing that I would worry about would be overheating the brakes

by
> > >restricting the airflow.
> > >Products like that have been around for years. The way I would address

the
> > >problem would be to
> > >install a good set of low dust brake pads like PBR/Axxis/Repco Metal

Masters