Old July 28th 04, 08:52 PM
Dave LaCourse

Thudersmash writes:

>My '99 Audi A6 Quattro generates a significant amount of brake dust .. has
>anyone used products like Kleen Wheels:
>
>http://www.kleenwheels.com/
>
>to deal with this? I'm curious about opinions on whether this is safe and
>effective.
>
>Thanks!

It would work very well, until your discs are destroyed from over-heating.
Devices like this are not recommended by any mechanic I have ever talked with.
Such devices screw up the airflow to the brakes, causing a rise in temp.

My RS6 produces more brake dust than any disc brakes car I've ever owned (5
Audis and a Porsche with discs). I clean them twice a week. It's a bit of a
pain, however......d;o)

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html