Old August 18th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
187

Default oil temp.

i got a berg ordered today, but im curious to know how far off the reading
i am getting right now could be.
i was having a bad heating problem, but i replaced my engine compartment
seals, and it lowered my temp from 255 to 230, or so my thermometer says.
i know that if the temp sending unit on a watercooled is in air, and not
water, it would read hotter.
im hoping this is the case with thermometer im using right now.
i do know that before i changed the compartment seals i could barely tough
the engine lid after running, but now i can.
any help is appreciated
matt