Old July 8th 05, 11:45 PM
SoCalMike

MAT wrote:
>>I wouldn't expect drivers to fold 'em in to protect bikers (bicyclists),
>>though, that's expecting too much. You just gotta be adept/conscious
>>enough to avoid the mirrors, Jim. ;-) I live in NYC, with its fair share
>>of narrow streets and insane drivers. Mirrors sticking out are just a fact
>>of life.

> I bet the gist is that if a car with folding mirrors drives by and tags you,
> you have a fighting chance if the mirror folds upon itself. With a fixed
> mirror you just plain get tagged and hope for the best.

or the other way around.

if i didnt have folding mirrors on my civic, ida likely taken off the
passenger side one unwillingly, while pulling into the garage.

as for the poster that wanted the JDM part number? the place where i
bought em mysteriously peeled the honda PN labels from the boxes. hmmmm.
i guess its because i likely got overcharged and could have bought the
mirrors online from a dealer for less than the $240 i paid for the pair.

so i went to the garage, and looked at the bottom mount for the drivers
side mirror... it says:

K94
E6 (in circle)
III
014757
02*4757
and some kanji symbols...

and its definately JDM, since the drivers side view is too close for the
car- obviously intended for a RHD application

googling doesnt come up with much