Old July 8th 05, 05:56 PM
Karls Vladimir Peņa

229 years actually. Nevertheless, they should know by now. That is the
general behaviour for americans. In new york, on very high density areas,
they use wood, gipsumboard and other fire prone materials even on floors.
Add to that old gas pipes and a spark, and you got july 4th any time of
year. A fire in the kitchen is a fire in te whole building in a matter of
minutes. Only big corporative buildings use REAL fire retardants and that is
because regulations and insurance companies force them to.

Why not build better and pay less insurance? I remember once someone told me
how much he paid for insurance in florida and it was more than the total
cost of a 120 M2 apartment here, and that's EVERY year!!!