Old July 8th 05, 03:54 PM

> lack of folding mirrors is one of the things i hate the most about the
> north american 96-00 civics - if you've ever been clipped by someone's
> mirror while riding your bike, you'll know why. just can't understand
> how the law allows it here - folding mirrors are /required/ in most
> other markets.

Folding mirrors are about the first de-content item on the list, when
foreign manufacturers start building in U.S./Canada/Mexico. I think
the whole idea was to allow closer packing of imports on the cargo
ship. No cargo ship involved means no folding mirror is needed.

Still, it is desirable for other reasons. I can't imagine driving so
close to a bicycle that it is an issue. Surely you mean YOU clipped a
stationary car??

I think the Toyota Solara mirrors are funny: They're designed to look
like they fold. They don't.