Old May 29th 05, 11:18 PM

Default Aircraft engine in a VW

Try this on.

I've heard of several folks using vw based engines in an aircraft. The
old volksplane and there used to be an ultralight powered by half a vw
engine. Has anybody ever heard of someone putting an airplane engine in
a vw? The old Continental C65 and C85 and the O200 are pretty much the
same design as our trusty VW motors. Just wondering if anybody has even
made it work. One would have to build an exhaust system from stratch.
And the intake too for that matter (think quad port instead of dual
port)but except for aranging a clutch, I can't see any reason it
wouldn't work and be a blast. Especially for off road.

Whatdayathink?

<><
TC