Old August 7th 04, 09:26 AM
Ppelectron

>Hi all, Im after a bit of advice as to what 156 to buy. I have been
>looking at a 156 2.5 v6 veloce but I read somewhere recently that said
>the 2.5 isn't that much quicker than the 2.0 TS. I am after a quickish
>car sub 8secs to 60, but don't want to fork out the extra on a v6 if
>its not really worth it. Is there any other differences other than the
>engine? Also, if anyone has driven these some user opinions would be
>nice.
>
>Thanks

You need to test drive both the 2.0 and the 2.5 before you decide. Lot's of
salesmen told me there was not much difference, but then they only had 2.0
versions for sale. I test drove both and I can honestly say there is a huge
difference between them. If you are looking for a quick Alfa, you will fall in
love with the 2.5 for sure. I get about 28MPG out of my 2.5 and that is with a
mixture of motorway and town driving.

Don't forget, apart from getting the brilliant V6 engine, you also get a lovely
6-speed manual gearbox if you buy the 2.5. The only Alfa that I lust after more
than my 2.5 is the 156 GTA 3.2 V6. Maybe next time ....

Phil 156 2.5 V6 1998