Old August 6th 04, 09:14 PM
Pete

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:09:07 +0100, (SteveH), wrote:

>Mark > wrote:
>
>> Hi all, Im after a bit of advice as to what 156 to buy. I have been
>> looking at a 156 2.5 v6 veloce but I read somewhere recently that said
>> the 2.5 isn't that much quicker than the 2.0 TS. I am after a quickish
>> car sub 8secs to 60, but don't want to fork out the extra on a v6 if
>> its not really worth it. Is there any other differences other than the
>> engine? Also, if anyone has driven these some user opinions would be
>> nice.

>Unfortunately, I can't comment on the 156, but I have driven 155s with
>both 2.5 and 2lt engines.
>
>In my opinion, the 2lt is the one to go for as the V6 just doesn't
>justify the extra weight it's carrying.

I can only say what appealed most to us was the one we bought. As this was
a personal purchase and not a company or lease car we were Very interested
in making the right choice. We spent an entire day at Alfa, driving ALL the
156 engine models, before buying. Seven hours of driving and talking Alfas
and food and coffee thrown in. The drive home was a real let down. Why
can't they let you have a new car straight away <LOL>

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)