Old March 10th 05, 05:21 AM
y_p_w

http://www.autoweb.com/content/resea...Action/Reviews

> "it hesitates so bad, that it becomes even dangerous. when you
> accelerate (in snow), it looks like the electric motor for some reason
> does not allow the gas engine to kick in and hesitates really bad, I
> can't emphasized enough how bad it is. To the point that it takes such
> a long time to pick up speed, that is literally dangerous to pull over
> a highway"

Sounds like a traction problem is causing the transition between the
electric motor and ICE to go batty. There are winter tires available
in the 185/65-R15 size. The stock all-seasons are likely less grippy
than a real set of winter tires. Tire Rack lists 5 winter tires in
that size.