Old February 23rd 05, 05:40 PM
John Ings

On 23 Feb 2005 07:59:36 -0800, wrote:

>Also, I bought new plugs, new rotor and new cap
>and fuel filter

And I'll bet that last is the cause of your present problem.

>The sound it makes now, after the new coil, rotor & cap are installed,
>when it turns over is a bit different. Sounds like it almost wants to
>catch, but doesn't.

Because the fuel rail isn't up to full pressure.

>So, is it something maybe with the fuel too? I can hear the pump kick
>on when I turn the ignition switch on and fuel comes out.

But the 2 seconds that the ECU lets the pump run is only enough to
bring the fuel rail up to full pressure if it's already full. If it's
been drained because of a fuel filter change, the pump has to run for
20 or 30 seconds to bring the rail up to pressure.

So either jumper 12 volts direct to the fuel pump for a minute or so,
or cycle the ignition key from off to run a dozen times before you try
to turn the engine over. See also:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#stalling