Old June 5th 05, 04:57 PM
DougW

did pass the time by typing:
> Hey Everyone, thanks so much for the replies. I would have responded
> quicker but haven't had a chance. Ok so I decided to just get the 3
> new tires... might as well get use out of my spare right!
>
> On the wear topic. I sat down and really looked at it and it is weird
> what is happening.. it is actualy squaring the tire.. ie it is putting
> flat sides to the tire.. makeing it like an octagon but with more sides
> (if i knew how many sides it was making id give the real name!)
> So basically i can take a CD case and lay it on top the the wheel and
> it is flat, then there is a ridge and then it is flat again... I'd take
> a pic but i dont think it would come out in the pic.
>
> Also, what is cupping?

That is what your describing. If the shocks are going they
will not control tire bounce. Each time the wheel bounces it
scuffs off a bit of rubber and that flat spot tends to make it
want to bounce again.

Here is a lot of articles to read.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tiretech.jsp

Key issues are to keep the tires rotated and ballanced
and maintain proper inflation.

--
DougW