Old June 12th 05, 01:04 PM
KG

On 11 Jun 2005 15:21:08 -0700, wrote:

>My electricity in my car was not working, so I went to a shop where
>they tested it and my alternator. They said the battery was bad, so I
>bought a new one.
>
>Now, I just bought the old one 6 months ago, so I knew it shouldn't be
>bad. The thing is, when I took it back to Advance Auto parts, they
>tested it and charged it, and it seems to be holding a charge just fine
>now. Three different machines said it was good. However, when tested
>with a Snap-On MicroVAT it showed up as bad.
>
>Now I'm confused. Obviously there was something wrong with my car a
>week ago. With the new battery it seems to be working fine. However,
>since 3 machines said the battery was good, and only the MicroVAT said
>it was bad, I don't know what to believe.
>
>Does any one have any advice?

Only a good battery load test will tell you much about the auto battery condition. It should be
done with a fresh full charge and again after setting a couple of days with out recharging. There
shouldn't be much change between the two test results. If the battery test good on the first test
but poor on the second you have sulafication, the battery will not hold a charge. It is common in
older betteries or one that have been overcharged.

Thank You

Dr. Kavorkian for White house Physician

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.