Old September 11th 04, 01:21 AM
Ratbert

Default Solved my own problem...

Well, this is a first. I used this newsgroup to find out how to fix my
problem, and the author of the solution was me! Here's the story:

My power window on the right rear door broke last year. I bought the
parts to fix it and did it myself. It wasn't all that intuitive (you
have to get to it from the outside), so I posted instructions here, in
case anyone else needed them.

Fast forward a year and some change, and the left rear window broke. I
remembered fixing the other one, but didn't remember how. I searched
google and found my original instructions. I then ordered the part I
specified.

When the part came, I glanced at the instructions, but ignored the part
about working on the outside of the door. I started taking the inside
of the door off. I told myself that the instructions were way off, and
I should post a correction. Then I realized that taking off the inside
of the door is unnecessary. Once I got back on track, the instructions
worked just fine.

Anyway, if anyone else needs to fix a broken power window, search Google
groups for my original post, with a subject line "Broken 98 SL2 Power
window fixed cheap" dated 2003-06-15. Just make sure you take the
outside of the door off, not the inside!

--Ratbert