Old November 28th 04, 03:35 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Bill 2 wrote:

> If it is legal, then why did they make the switch from combo
> turn-markers to just markers between 99 and 00? I mean, the front turn
> signal is way on the inside of the headlights, having the markers blink
> would be very beneficial.

'cause it's not required to have the sidemarkers flash. It's permitted,
but it's not required.

> Also, they switched to foglight DRLs in 2003, why didn't they switch the
> markers back?

'Cause there's nothing that says they hafta.

> Another lighting question. In a thread on r.a.d you mentioned that the
> parking lights must remain on when the headlights are on, so that if a
> headlight burns out you still see a double track vehicle.

True.

> I noticed some transit busses (GM Newlook/fishbowl, and New Flyer) don't
> have running lights down by the headlights, just turn signals.

Only passenger vehicles, light trucks and related vehicles are required to
have parking lamps. "HDVs", as the regulations know them, do not have to
have parking lamps.

DS